SG Crawlers Forum
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

SGCrawlers - Crawl & Trail videos
SGCrawlers - Bash Tour Drift videos
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 57 on Fri 23 Sep 2016 - 12:58
Latest topics
» WTS: Scale Pro-Line Jeep Unlimited Painted Body (Olive Green)
by DWJL511 Yesterday at 14:40

» [VIDEO] RC Scale Trucks Offroad Adventures RC Toyota Hilux Land Rover Defender 90 G Wagon Suzuki Jimny
by boolean21 Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 22:50

» Newbie intro and... updates?
by boolean21 Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 8:23

» [VIDEO] Fix stripped screw holes with brass knurled nuts
by babyboy Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 1:06

» [Night Drifting] 16 Feb 2017 2030hrs - Buangkok Sports Park near Blk 986A - MSCP at Blk 984
by boolean21 Wed 15 Feb 2017 - 20:46

» [BUILD THREAD] Boolean21's Realacc x210 build diary
by boolean21 Sat 4 Feb 2017 - 0:28

» [Durian Loop Trail] Rifle Range Road - Durian Loop Trail - 05 Feb 2017 0900hrs
by boolean21 Sat 4 Feb 2017 - 0:27

» [RC Drifting] 22 Jan 2017 0900hrs - Buangkok Sports Park near Blk 986A - MSCP at Blk 984
by boolean21 Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 20:31

» [Night Drifting] 12 Jan 2017 2030hrs - Buangkok Sports Park near Blk 986A - MSCP at Blk 984
by boolean21 Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 22:31

» [Scale Trail & Bashing] Woodgrove Ave - Sunday 08 Jan 2017 0900hrs
by DSKB Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 12:27

» [SGcrawlers 2nd BBQ meetup night trail] 7 Jan 2017 Saturday 5pm onwards
by babyboy Thu 5 Jan 2017 - 22:06

» [PHOTOS] RC Helicopters mini fly meet
by boolean21 Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 0:21

» [PHOTOS] 20161229 Night drifting!
by boolean21 Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 0:08

» [Night Drifting] 01 Dec 2016 2030hrs - Buangkok Sports Park near Blk 986A - MSCP at Blk 984
by orouit Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 12:11

» 1/10 Drivers for sale!!!
by Plug&fly Fri 30 Dec 2016 - 22:39

» shop that sell crawler stuff
by boolean21 Sun 25 Dec 2016 - 8:39

» Traxxas Revo 3.3
by Maska Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 11:36

» Coldman28's 1/6 Willys Jeep
by boolean21 Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 8:31

» Rp-05 Rc Car Review: $130 1/16 Erevo Clone (Gearbest)
by Rc Reviewer Thu 24 Nov 2016 - 6:24

» Can a newbee join in in.
by boolean21 Wed 23 Nov 2016 - 22:18

February 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728     

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Free Domain Name
Google+

Cheap and good lipo

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by RJNG on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 0:06

Thanks Marpek, I have ordered 4 numbers of 2800mah 30c 7.4v lipo. The dimension seem ok to fit into my cc01 chassis.

RJNG
Crawler

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-08-29
Location : Macpherson Road

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by RTECH on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 19:48

Please be more caution and boji, or else you will regret. Dun take things for granted. It doesn't happens doesn't mean it will not happen.


RTECH
Crawler

Posts : 2376
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 45
Location : Hougang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by Marpek on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:31

RJNG wrote:Thanks Marpek, I have ordered 4 numbers of 2800mah 30c 7.4v lipo. The dimension seem ok to fit into my cc01 chassis.

No sweat bro...

BTW, you buy all 4 for your CC-01 use ar? You wanna trail until JB sibo? drunken

Marpek
Crawler

Posts : 1666
Join date : 2011-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by Marpek on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:37

RTECH wrote:Please be more caution and boji, or else you will regret. Dun take things for granted. It doesn't happens doesn't mean it will not happen.


walau, if i post vid of a burnt down house, bike accident or car accident or even airline crash then what should we do? That`s why the insurance thingy is taking place in our lives and we have to deal with that when things happened either bad or worst... Like the Kungfu Panda`s Shifu saying: Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is mystery... and Today`s a gift!

Marpek
Crawler

Posts : 1666
Join date : 2011-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by RJNG on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:49

Marpek wrote:
RJNG wrote:Thanks Marpek, I have ordered 4 numbers of 2800mah 30c 7.4v lipo. The dimension seem ok to fit into my cc01 chassis.

No sweat bro...

BTW, you buy all 4 for your CC-01 use ar? You wanna trail until JB sibo? drunken

LOL. Cheap mah.

RJNG
Crawler

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-08-29
Location : Macpherson Road

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by Marpek on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:51

yeah...understand, so cheap machiam want to buy all!!!

Marpek
Crawler

Posts : 1666
Join date : 2011-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by RJNG on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:54

Marpek wrote:yeah...understand, so cheap machiam want to buy all!!!

hehe... pocket's hole getting bigger liao. Sigh....

RJNG
Crawler

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-08-29
Location : Macpherson Road

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by RTECH on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 10:34

Marpek wrote:
RTECH wrote:Please be more caution and boji, or else you will regret. Dun take things for granted. It doesn't happens doesn't mean it will not happen.


walau, if i post vid of a burnt down house, bike accident or car accident or even airline crash then what should we do? That`s why the insurance thingy is taking place in our lives and we have to deal with that when things happened either bad or worst... Like the Kungfu Panda`s Shifu saying: Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is mystery... and Today`s a gift!

That's why i said be more caution lah. Not say dun buy lah. Dun be like you bo chap, knn accident then regret.
Suspect So you got buy insurance for your lipo bo?

RTECH
Crawler

Posts : 2376
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 45
Location : Hougang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by Marpek on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 13:48

if you think you life is cheaper than a lipo batt, i wont stop you from buying ins for your precious lipos... knn

Marpek
Crawler

Posts : 1666
Join date : 2011-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by qks57 on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 21:34

lol.. i agree with Marpek.. knn.. haha! just be safe.. if wanna store then store at storage voltage.. charge properly, charge in lipo bag.. etc etc. must apprehend to the basic lah..

qks57
Crawler

Posts : 309
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 27
Location : Bukit Gombak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by RJNG on Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 0:52

qks57 wrote:lol.. i agree with Marpek.. knn.. haha! just be safe.. if wanna store then store at storage voltage.. charge properly, charge in lipo bag.. etc etc. must apprehend to the basic lah..

Thank you so much for all the advise. cheers

RJNG
Crawler

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-08-29
Location : Macpherson Road

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by qks57 on Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 17:27

no problem.. most important thing is to enjoy safely! Very Happy

qks57
Crawler

Posts : 309
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 27
Location : Bukit Gombak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by RJNG on Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 9:25

Hi Guys,

Need help again, i just received my newly ordered 4 x lipo packs 2800mah 2s 20c and do i need to fully charge it for the first time or i can start using it first till it is flat (tested with some juice inside)?

Cheers


RJNG
Crawler

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-08-29
Location : Macpherson Road

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by boolean21 on Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 9:52

RJNG wrote:Hi Guys,

Need help again, i just received my newly ordered 4 x lipo packs 2800mah 2s 20c and do i need to fully charge it for the first time or i can start using it first till it is flat (tested with some juice inside)?

Cheers


i don't think lipo batteries have memory effects, but still, i think it would be good to fully charge them before using, remember to plug in a lipo monitor if your esc does not have lipo cut off... Smile

_________________
My Blogs: MyHoncho Blog | Boolean21 RC Blog
Youtube: SGCrawlers RC Channel | BooleanRC Video Channel
Facebook: SGCrawlers FB Page  | Boolean21 FB Page
Instagram: http://instagram.com/SGCrawlers
Twitter: http://twitter.com/SGCrawlers

boolean21
Crawler

Posts : 4979
Join date : 2011-08-18
Location : Deep inside the Jungle

View user profile Http://youtube.com/MyHonchoSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by RJNG on Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 11:01

boolean21 wrote:
RJNG wrote:Hi Guys,

Need help again, i just received my newly ordered 4 x lipo packs 2800mah 2s 20c and do i need to fully charge it for the first time or i can start using it first till it is flat (tested with some juice inside)?

Cheers


i don't think lipo batteries have memory effects, but still, i think it would be good to fully charge them before using, remember to plug in a lipo monitor if your esc does not have lipo cut off... Smile

Thanks bro but what is a lipo monitor and whatupzz with the esc cut off thing.....? Oh man, i'm blur now confused

RJNG
Crawler

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-08-29
Location : Macpherson Road

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by boolean21 on Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 11:39

RJNG wrote:
boolean21 wrote:
RJNG wrote:Hi Guys,

Need help again, i just received my newly ordered 4 x lipo packs 2800mah 2s 20c and do i need to fully charge it for the first time or i can start using it first till it is flat (tested with some juice inside)?

Cheers


i don't think lipo batteries have memory effects, but still, i think it would be good to fully charge them before using, remember to plug in a lipo monitor if your esc does not have lipo cut off... Smile

Thanks bro but what is a lipo monitor and whatupzz with the esc cut off thing.....? Oh man, i'm blur now confused
Hi bro,
Some esc comes with lipo cut off, means, it'll shut off when the battery voltage is low... This is to prevent over discharging the lipo battery... Which will damage the lipo and might be dangerous as well.
If the esc does not come with it, u can just get some battery monitor, which serves the same purpose, they will beep when the battery voltage is low, so that you will not over discharge the lipo..
You can get some simple ones from hobbyking... Very cheap..
Some better ones have voltage read outs too.
Please also use a charger suitable for lipos to charge the batteries... dont use a nimh charger to charge the lipos...


_________________
My Blogs: MyHoncho Blog | Boolean21 RC Blog
Youtube: SGCrawlers RC Channel | BooleanRC Video Channel
Facebook: SGCrawlers FB Page  | Boolean21 FB Page
Instagram: http://instagram.com/SGCrawlers
Twitter: http://twitter.com/SGCrawlers

boolean21
Crawler

Posts : 4979
Join date : 2011-08-18
Location : Deep inside the Jungle

View user profile Http://youtube.com/MyHonchoSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by RJNG on Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 12:52

boolean21 wrote:
RJNG wrote:
boolean21 wrote:
RJNG wrote:Hi Guys,

Need help again, i just received my newly ordered 4 x lipo packs 2800mah 2s 20c and do i need to fully charge it for the first time or i can start using it first till it is flat (tested with some juice inside)?

Cheers


i don't think lipo batteries have memory effects, but still, i think it would be good to fully charge them before using, remember to plug in a lipo monitor if your esc does not have lipo cut off... Smile

Thanks bro but what is a lipo monitor and whatupzz with the esc cut off thing.....? Oh man, i'm blur now confused
Hi bro,
Some esc comes with lipo cut off, means, it'll shut off when the battery voltage is low... This is to prevent over discharging the lipo battery... Which will damage the lipo and might be dangerous as well.
If the esc does not come with it, u can just get some battery monitor, which serves the same purpose, they will beep when the battery voltage is low, so that you will not over discharge the lipo..
You can get some simple ones from hobbyking... Very cheap..
Some better ones have voltage read outs too.
Please also use a charger suitable for lipos to charge the batteries... dont use a nimh charger to charge the lipos...


Noted bro and thank you so much. now i know.

RJNG
Crawler

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-08-29
Location : Macpherson Road

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by RTECH on Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 17:10

Just to add, do not store a fully charged lipo for too long. It will bloat by itself. If you are planning to store it, charge to 80%.

RTECH
Crawler

Posts : 2376
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 45
Location : Hougang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by Marpek on Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 22:04

no wonder my old ones seems bloated as full charge liao also not required to use sometimes during meets...haha

Bte, if spoilt then can buy buy buy since they are so cheap!

Marpek
Crawler

Posts : 1666
Join date : 2011-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by RJNG on Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 8:56

Marpek wrote:no wonder my old ones seems bloated as full charge liao also not required to use sometimes during meets...haha

Bte, if spoilt then can buy buy buy since they are so cheap!

Ya lor bro, buy buy buy. I just placed an order for a lipo monitor and a charger bag. sign...... sooooo poisoning Twisted Evil

RJNG
Crawler

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-08-29
Location : Macpherson Road

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by qks57 on Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 10:52

RTECH wrote:Just to add, do not store a fully charged lipo for too long. It will bloat by itself. If you are planning to store it, charge to 80%.

if planning to store lipos, best storage voltage is at 3.85V per cell(no matter wat capacity).. tat is usually not very achievable, so between 3.8 to 3.9V will do.. confirm can store for at least 2 yrs without bloating, and power still as good as new..

i had an experiment with lipos back in poly, so i learnt about this.. Very Happy trying out various brands and sizes, doing comparison.. and of course, the pleasure of seeing a 22.2V 6s explode.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

qks57
Crawler

Posts : 309
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 27
Location : Bukit Gombak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by Marpek on Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 21:18

qks57 wrote:
RTECH wrote:Just to add, do not store a fully charged lipo for too long. It will bloat by itself. If you are planning to store it, charge to 80%.

if planning to store lipos, best storage voltage is at 3.85V per cell(no matter wat capacity).. tat is usually not very achievable, so between 3.8 to 3.9V will do.. confirm can store for at least 2 yrs without bloating, and power still as good as new..

i had an experiment with lipos back in poly, so i learnt about this.. Very Happy trying out various brands and sizes, doing comparison.. and of course, the pleasure of seeing a 22.2V 6s explode.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

store for 2 years?? omg just throw lah... after 2 years your that same cheap lipo will be like buy 1 get 2 free liaoz!!! hahaha....

Marpek
Crawler

Posts : 1666
Join date : 2011-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by Marpek on Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 21:19

RJNG wrote:
Marpek wrote:no wonder my old ones seems bloated as full charge liao also not required to use sometimes during meets...haha

Bte, if spoilt then can buy buy buy since they are so cheap!

Ya lor bro, buy buy buy. I just placed an order for a lipo monitor and a charger bag. sign...... sooooo poisoning Twisted Evil

you opening new shop isit??

Marpek
Crawler

Posts : 1666
Join date : 2011-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by RTECH on Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 22:48

Macpherson road also got newly open hobby shop liao.

RTECH
Crawler

Posts : 2376
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 45
Location : Hougang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by RJNG on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 10:18

RTECH wrote:Macpherson road also got newly open hobby shop liao.

Lelong lelong!!

RJNG
Crawler

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-08-29
Location : Macpherson Road

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap and good lipo

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum