SG Crawlers Forum
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

SGCrawlers - Crawl & Trail videos
SGCrawlers - Bash Tour Drift videos
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 57 on Fri 23 Sep 2016 - 12:58
Latest topics
» [PHOTOS] Japanese rally cars from the 90s, Tamiya-style
by laneboysrc Sat 25 Feb 2017 - 15:46

» WTS: Scale Pro-Line Jeep Unlimited Painted Body (Olive Green)
by DWJL511 Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 14:40

» [VIDEO] RC Scale Trucks Offroad Adventures RC Toyota Hilux Land Rover Defender 90 G Wagon Suzuki Jimny
by boolean21 Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 22:50

» Newbie intro and... updates?
by boolean21 Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 8:23

» [VIDEO] Fix stripped screw holes with brass knurled nuts
by babyboy Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 1:06

» [Night Drifting] 16 Feb 2017 2030hrs - Buangkok Sports Park near Blk 986A - MSCP at Blk 984
by boolean21 Wed 15 Feb 2017 - 20:46

» [BUILD THREAD] Boolean21's Realacc x210 build diary
by boolean21 Sat 4 Feb 2017 - 0:28

» [Durian Loop Trail] Rifle Range Road - Durian Loop Trail - 05 Feb 2017 0900hrs
by boolean21 Sat 4 Feb 2017 - 0:27

» [RC Drifting] 22 Jan 2017 0900hrs - Buangkok Sports Park near Blk 986A - MSCP at Blk 984
by boolean21 Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 20:31

» [Night Drifting] 12 Jan 2017 2030hrs - Buangkok Sports Park near Blk 986A - MSCP at Blk 984
by boolean21 Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 22:31

» [Scale Trail & Bashing] Woodgrove Ave - Sunday 08 Jan 2017 0900hrs
by DSKB Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 12:27

» [SGcrawlers 2nd BBQ meetup night trail] 7 Jan 2017 Saturday 5pm onwards
by babyboy Thu 5 Jan 2017 - 22:06

» [PHOTOS] RC Helicopters mini fly meet
by boolean21 Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 0:21

» [PHOTOS] 20161229 Night drifting!
by boolean21 Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 0:08

» [Night Drifting] 01 Dec 2016 2030hrs - Buangkok Sports Park near Blk 986A - MSCP at Blk 984
by orouit Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 12:11

» 1/10 Drivers for sale!!!
by Plug&fly Fri 30 Dec 2016 - 22:39

» shop that sell crawler stuff
by boolean21 Sun 25 Dec 2016 - 8:39

» Traxxas Revo 3.3
by Maska Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 11:36

» Coldman28's 1/6 Willys Jeep
by boolean21 Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 8:31

» Rp-05 Rc Car Review: $130 1/16 Erevo Clone (Gearbest)
by Rc Reviewer Thu 24 Nov 2016 - 6:24

February 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728     

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Free Domain Name
Google+

any advice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

any advice?

Post by marz on Tue 14 Jun 2016 - 9:25

hi guys! its been around two years since i joined this forum and i can finally buy the kits i want...any reccomendations and is the tamiya desert fielder good? like for offroading? and any advice? im also keeping an eye on the hpi baja series...what are your opinions. i can finally join you guys after purchasing my first set. thanks for your help Very Happy Cool

marz
Crawler

Posts : 13
Join date : 2014-12-21
Location : in a racer's perspective

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: any advice?

Post by boolean21 on Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 22:30

what kind of off road?
do you plan to join us in the bashing sessions or the trails?

_________________
My Blogs: MyHoncho Blog | Boolean21 RC Blog
Youtube: SGCrawlers RC Channel | BooleanRC Video Channel
Facebook: SGCrawlers FB Page  | Boolean21 FB Page
Instagram: http://instagram.com/SGCrawlers
Twitter: http://twitter.com/SGCrawlers

boolean21
Crawler

Posts : 4979
Join date : 2011-08-18
Location : Deep inside the Jungle

View user profile Http://youtube.com/MyHonchoSG

Back to top Go down

Re: any advice?

Post by marz on Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 0:47

boolean21 wrote:what kind of off road?
do you plan to join us in the bashing sessions or the trails?
ohh i plan on going for the trails, my budget is ard $400...i am looking at the hpi 2015 mustang drift car too...so how frequent are the drifting team meet ups and how frequent are the trails? and any recommendations for a good trail vehicle within my budget? around my budget (plus minus a bit also can). the price would also include everything needed to get me on track like the battery, charger, remote and etc as it is my first kit Smile thanks Very Happy Very Happy

marz
Crawler

Posts : 13
Join date : 2014-12-21
Location : in a racer's perspective

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: any advice?

Post by boolean21 on Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 4:48

marz wrote:
boolean21 wrote:what kind of off road?
do you plan to join us in the bashing sessions or the trails?
ohh i plan on going for the trails, my budget is ard $400...i am looking at the hpi 2015 mustang drift car too...so how frequent are the drifting team meet ups and how frequent are the trails? and any recommendations for a good trail vehicle within my budget? around my budget (plus minus a bit also can). the price would also include everything needed to get me on track like the battery, charger, remote and etc as it is my first kit Smile thanks Very Happy Very Happy


If going for trails, maybe try to up your budget a little and get the Axial SCX10 rtr.

It will be a good start for trails. Smile


_________________
My Blogs: MyHoncho Blog | Boolean21 RC Blog
Youtube: SGCrawlers RC Channel | BooleanRC Video Channel
Facebook: SGCrawlers FB Page  | Boolean21 FB Page
Instagram: http://instagram.com/SGCrawlers
Twitter: http://twitter.com/SGCrawlers

boolean21
Crawler

Posts : 4979
Join date : 2011-08-18
Location : Deep inside the Jungle

View user profile Http://youtube.com/MyHonchoSG

Back to top Go down

Re: any advice?

Post by marz on Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 5:05

boolean21 wrote:
marz wrote:
boolean21 wrote:what kind of off road?
do you plan to join us in the bashing sessions or the trails?
ohh i plan on going for the trails, my budget is ard $400...i am looking at the hpi 2015 mustang drift car too...so how frequent are the drifting team meet ups and how frequent are the trails? and any recommendations for a good trail vehicle within my budget? around my budget (plus minus a bit also can). the price would also include everything needed to get me on track like the battery, charger, remote and etc as it is my first kit Smile thanks Very Happy Very Happy


If going for trails, maybe try to up your budget a little and get the Axial SCX10 rtr.

It will be a good start for trails. Smile

hmm...how much does it cost and where can i get those? i dont mind bringing the price a bit up Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

marz
Crawler

Posts : 13
Join date : 2014-12-21
Location : in a racer's perspective

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: any advice?

Post by boolean21 on Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 5:07

Many of us order from towerhobbies.

Sign up for the account and newsletter there and wait for the monthly international discount email.


_________________
My Blogs: MyHoncho Blog | Boolean21 RC Blog
Youtube: SGCrawlers RC Channel | BooleanRC Video Channel
Facebook: SGCrawlers FB Page  | Boolean21 FB Page
Instagram: http://instagram.com/SGCrawlers
Twitter: http://twitter.com/SGCrawlers

boolean21
Crawler

Posts : 4979
Join date : 2011-08-18
Location : Deep inside the Jungle

View user profile Http://youtube.com/MyHonchoSG

Back to top Go down

Re: any advice?

Post by marz on Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 5:09

ouhh thanks a lot man...my friend also recommended me to get the axial scx10...i will go check it out

marz
Crawler

Posts : 13
Join date : 2014-12-21
Location : in a racer's perspective

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: any advice?

Post by marz on Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 23:17

boolean21 wrote:Many of us order from towerhobbies.

Sign up for the account and newsletter there and wait for the monthly international discount email.


bro, im wanting to buy the dodge ram axial scx10...is it good. Apparently the website states that the AE-5 esc is waterproof and that the servo is water resistant. is there any methods to make sure that it is safe? I have seen people using balloons and is that method good? Also i have seen this truck on taobao at a cheaper price, is it safe an good? (i have a taobao agent) https://world.taobao.com/item/533808427947.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.BcjDZz#detail
thank you very much for helping...sorry im a noob as im new to this Embarassed Embarassed
http://www.axialracing.com/products/ax90037
thanks bro Very Happy Very Happy

marz
Crawler

Posts : 13
Join date : 2014-12-21
Location : in a racer's perspective

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: any advice?

Post by laneboysrc on Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 8:03

Hi!

The SCX10 is great no matter which body.
The ESC and servo are indeed water-resistant out-of-the box. No need to worry about them.
The receiver, however, is not waterproof, but it is mounted in a special box on the chassis. If you want to submerge the truck it will be a good idea to put a balloon around it. Note that balloons need maintenance, as the rubber degrades quickly. You will need to replace it every 6 month to 1 year.

No idea about the legitimacy of the Taobao link. Another alternative is RC Mart (http://www.rcmart.com), which is located in Hong Kong so shipping is usually cheaper than Tower. They have the Dodge RTR for USD 289 right now.

happy buying, Werner






laneboysrc
Crawler

Posts : 869
Join date : 2012-05-21

View user profile http://laneboysrc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: any advice?

Post by marz on Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 10:45

laneboysrc wrote:Hi!

The SCX10 is great no matter which body.
The ESC and servo are indeed water-resistant out-of-the box. No need to worry about them.
The receiver, however, is not waterproof, but it is mounted in a special box on the chassis. If you want to submerge the truck it will be a good idea to put a balloon around it. Note that balloons need maintenance, as the rubber degrades quickly. You will need to replace it every 6 month to 1 year.

No idea about the legitimacy of the Taobao link. Another alternative is RC Mart (http://www.rcmart.com), which is located in Hong Kong so shipping is usually cheaper than Tower. They have the Dodge RTR for USD 289 right now.

happy buying, Werner



alright bro, i will check out RC mart. thanks a lot for your help  Very Happy  Very Happy

marz
Crawler

Posts : 13
Join date : 2014-12-21
Location : in a racer's perspective

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: any advice?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum