SG Crawlers Forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

SGCrawlers - Crawl & Trail videos
SGCrawlers - Bash Tour Drift videos
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 57 on Fri 23 Sep 2016 - 12:58
Latest topics
» [BUILD THREAD] Boolean21's Sakura D4 RWD drift car
by boolean21 Today at 11:19

» [Build Thread] Boolean21's NQD RC Jet Ski conversion from dual motor to jet drive
by boolean21 Today at 10:53

» WTB SCX10 ready to run
by Essilor Sun 25 Sep 2016 - 11:03

» Tamiya CC01 land cruiser Black Special
by laucrawler Sun 25 Sep 2016 - 2:05

» Hello to everyone out there - New to Crawlers
by babyboy Sat 24 Sep 2016 - 17:08

» --- SOLD ---
by Essilor Fri 23 Sep 2016 - 14:33

» [Night Drifting] 22 Sep 2016 2030hrs - Buangkok Sports Park near Blk 986A - MSCP at Blk 984
by boolean21 Wed 21 Sep 2016 - 23:12

» [Scale Trail & Rally] Woodgrove Ave - Sunday 18 SEP 2016 0900hrs
by Nxsix Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 9:24

» [VIDEO] Mud and hills! Toyota Hilux Land Rover Defender Jeep Wrangler Wild Truck at the Tampines offroad Trails
by boolean21 Mon 12 Sep 2016 - 19:56

» [Rock Crawling + Trail] - 11 Sep 2016 - 0900hrs - Rock Crawling at Little Guilin
by boolean21 Fri 9 Sep 2016 - 21:40

» [Touring / Bikes / onroad bash] 28 Aug 2016 0900hrs - Touring, onroad bash and more @ 60 Punggol East
by boolean21 Sat 27 Aug 2016 - 22:23

» diy 4 links suspension(cc01)
by Nxsix Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 22:43

» [Scale Comp planning and Rally bashing] Woodgrove Ave - Sunday 21 Aug 2016 0900hrs
by orouit Sun 21 Aug 2016 - 9:03

» its all done
by Nxsix Sat 20 Aug 2016 - 9:37

» Boolean21's Hobbyking 1:5 MotoGP on road RC Motorcycle
by boolean21 Fri 19 Aug 2016 - 23:39

» [VIDEO] Scale Trucks Offroad Adventures RC Toyota Hilux Land Rover Defender Jeep Wrangler RC4WD    
by boolean21 Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 22:39

» [Scale Trail and Rally bashing] Woodgrove Ave - Sunday 14 Aug 2016 0900hrs
by boolean21 Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 10:00

» [Durian Loop Trail] Rifle Range Road - Durian Loop Trail - 07 Aug 2016 0900hrs
by boolean21 Wed 10 Aug 2016 - 22:40

» [Trails and Bashing] Offroading at Tampines Quarry 09 Aug 2016 - 0900hrs
by boolean21 Mon 8 Aug 2016 - 20:54

» Boolean21's Feiyue FY-04 RC ATV / Quad Bike
by boolean21 Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 22:59

September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Free Domain Name
Google+

Hi from the "New Guy" :) and some questions for my 1st Trailing truck.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from the "New Guy" :) and some questions for my 1st Trailing truck.

Post by d12go4 on Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 18:09

Hi Guys

Manoj here.

What an awesome site, I have been very impressed with your Rigs and especially the Videos you guys have posted of your trail runs around Singapore.

I am very interested to get into RC Trailing, and have been Googling a lot to get info on recommended trailing Rigs. I want to get one that will last me awhile, and which I will not "outgrow" fast Very Happy

I am now leaning towards getting the Axial SCX10. It seems to be highly upgradable, with a lot of aftermarket part support. I was initially thinking of getting the RTR Axial Honcho, as it would let me hit the ground running..so to speak Razz But I think that getting the Kit version might be the better option, in the long run. Building the Kit should be a lot of fun and it will definitely allow me to know more about the Kit. This should be useful if (or is it when) I decide to upgrade components Wink

I also understand that the Kit comes with better components than the RTR. Also, I really like the Dingo Body that the Kit comes with. I did build and run a Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin Kit in my "younger days", so i think I should be able to manage the SCX10 Kit (hopefully).... This will be a very slow build though, done on weekends after the wife and kids have gone to bed Wink

I do have some questions that I hope you guys can help with Embarassed

1) Where did you guys with the SCX10 rigs get yours from ? Are overseas WebStores (and eBay) the only sources ?
2) I believe I should be able to get locally, all the items the Kit does not come with (e.g. Motor, Battery, ESC, Servo) correct ?
3) What would a "reasonable" budget be for these additional items ?
2) I have a JR XP6102 Radio with Receiver, can this be used for Trailing ? I see that most guys seem to use the Wheel & Trigger Radio

Thanks in advance for your valuable input.

Manoj

d12go4
Crawler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from the "New Guy" :) and some questions for my 1st Trailing truck.

Post by boolean21 on Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 20:05

Welcome on board!

Scx10 is a great choice for a trail rig...
I started with a rtr honcho and just upgraded the links...

Its good to start with a kit if u have time to build, as you will know how to service and maintain the rig... Smile

For electronics, there's a great range of pricing depending on whether u go for brand names or china/ ebay stuffs... Trailing does not really require high end stuffs... And you can still run well with simple electronics... Most importantly is to water proof them properly so that u can enjoy all kinds of terrain with your trail rig...

Cheapest so far is ordering via towerhobbies... As they have an additional usd 75 discount for orders usd299-399..

The rtr is quite value for money as it already includes everything required to run... unless you plan to upgrade better electronics it radio, personally I feel that the rtr is quite worth the price too..

Dingo has a shorter wheelbase compared to the honcho... You might also want to consider building a hard body land rover defender... Very Happy we have more than 10 landies in the group... Smile

Wait for the experts in the forum to give some comments too... Smile

Instagram: http://instagram.com/SGCrawlers
Twitter: http://twitter.com/SGCrawlers

boolean21
Crawler

View user profile Http://youtube.com/MyHonchoSG

Back to top Go down

Post by d12go4 on Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 19:19

Thanks for the warm welcome Very Happy

Yah, the RTR definitely has the advantage of letting me start "simple" trailing right out of the box. Smile

But I am still leaning towards building the Kit. I think that will be the better option, in the long run, as it will let me know the kit in detail. It really is too bad that none of the local Hobby Stores carry the SCX10 Embarassed

I did not realise that the wheelbase between the Kit (Dingo) and RTR (Honcho) was different lengths..

Cheers

MANoj

boolean21 wrote:Welcome on board!

Its good to start with a kit if u have time to build, as you will know how to service and maintain the rig... Smile

For electronics, there's a great range of pricing depending on whether u go for brand names or china/ ebay stuffs... Trailing does not really require high end stuffs... And you can still run well with simple electronics... Most importantly is to water proof them properly so that u can enjoy all kinds of terrain with your trail rig...

Cheapest so far is ordering via towerhobbies... As they have an additional usd 75 discount for orders usd299-399..

The rtr is quite value for money as it already includes everything required to run... unless you plan to upgrade better electronics it radio, personally I feel that the rtr is quite worth the price too..

Dingo has a shorter wheelbase compared to the honcho... You might also want to consider building a hard body land rover defender... Very Happy we have more than 10 landies in the group... Smile

d12go4
Crawler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boolean21 on Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 19:44

Ordering online is fast too... And cheaper than you get from local shops...

d12go4 wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome Very Happy

Yah, the RTR definitely has the advantage of letting me start "simple" trailing right out of the box. Smile

But I am still leaning towards building the Kit. I think that will be the better option, in the long run, as it will let me know the kit in detail. It really is too bad that none of the local Hobby Stores carry the SCX10 Embarassed

I did not realise that the wheelbase between the Kit (Dingo) and RTR (Honcho) was different lengths..

Cheers

MANoj

boolean21
Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post by d12go4 on Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 20:24

Hi Boolean21

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated Very Happy

Yah, ordering online seems to be the way to go....

Although, I wonder if anyone here may be looking to sell ther "underutilised" SCX10 Laughing
I will put up a WTB on the Sales Page and keep my fingers crossed. In the meantime, will check online sites to see which gives the nest deal.

Cheers

MANoj

boolean21 wrote:Ordering online is fast too... And cheaper than you get from local shops...

Cheers

MANoj

d12go4
Crawler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boolean21 on Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 20:25

hi,
no worries bro... looking forward to see you in the trails! Smile

d12go4 wrote:Hi Boolean21

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated Very Happy

Yah, ordering online seems to be the way to go....

Although, I wonder if anyone here may be looking to sell ther "underutilised" SCX10 Laughing
I will put up a WTB on the Sales Page and keep my fingers crossed. In the meantime, will check online sites to see which gives the nest deal.

Cheers

MANoj

boolean21 wrote:Ordering online is fast too... And cheaper than you get from local shops...

Cheers

MANoj

boolean21
Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 16:19

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top