SG Crawlers Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SG Crawlers Forum
SG Crawlers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

SGCrawlers - Crawl & Trail videos
SGCrawlers - Bash Tour Drift videos
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 301 on Thu 21 Oct 2021 - 11:24
Latest topics
» RC Submarine: Russian Akula Class
by redboat219 Tue 27 Sep 2022 - 11:43

» Land Rover Defender D90 photos and details only (picture intensive!)
by babyboy Fri 25 Jun 2021 - 16:39

» [Offroad Bashing and Rally] Offroad Bashing and Rally at Tampines Track 12 Jan 2020 - 0900hrs
by boolean21 Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 10:15

» [Scale Trail] Woodgrove Ave - Sunday 20 Oct 2019 0900hrs
by boolean21 Sat 19 Oct 2019 - 16:31

» vHOBBY RC videos
by CraftRC Fri 21 Jun 2019 - 21:32

» Suzuki Samurai 3D Printted project
by CraftRC Sat 4 May 2019 - 18:39

» WTS : Redcat Gen 7 Pro
by staypuft Mon 7 Jan 2019 - 11:31

» Hello all! Dan here
by csd8888 Fri 5 Oct 2018 - 8:27

» [Offroad Trails] Offroading at Tampines Quarry 16 Sep 2018 - 0900hrs
by boolean21 Sat 15 Sep 2018 - 18:41

» [Scale Trail] Woodgrove Ave - Sunday 12 Aug 2018 0900hrs
by boolean21 Sat 11 Aug 2018 - 22:51

» [Trail and Bash!] Woodgrove Ave - Sunday 22 Jul 2018 0900hrs
by boolean21 Sat 21 Jul 2018 - 19:39

» [Scale Trail] Woodgrove Ave - Sunday 01 Jul 2018 0900hrs
by boolean21 Sat 30 Jun 2018 - 20:39

» wts hobbywing esc + motor
by kelvintan_hc Thu 28 Jun 2018 - 15:36

» Axial roll cage crash
by CraftRC Fri 1 Jun 2018 - 20:16

» Jeep cherokee XJ crawling
by CraftRC Sat 26 May 2018 - 21:54

» Jeep cherokee XJ crawling
by CraftRC Sat 26 May 2018 - 21:54

» Extreme Rock Crawler Axial Wraith
by CraftRC Tue 8 May 2018 - 17:35

» [Scale Trail] Woodgrove Ave - Sunday 06 May 2018 0900hrs
by boolean21 Sat 5 May 2018 - 17:14

» Cab Land Rover Defender
by CraftRC Fri 4 May 2018 - 17:41

» Cab Land Rover Defender
by CraftRC Fri 4 May 2018 - 17:41

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Hi from the "New Guy" :) and some questions for my 1st Trailing truck.

2 posters

Go down

Hi from the "New Guy" :) and some questions for my 1st Trailing truck. Empty Hi from the "New Guy" :) and some questions for my 1st Trailing truck.

Post by d12go4 Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 18:09

Hi Guys

Manoj here.

What an awesome site, I have been very impressed with your Rigs and especially the Videos you guys have posted of your trail runs around Singapore.

I am very interested to get into RC Trailing, and have been Googling a lot to get info on recommended trailing Rigs. I want to get one that will last me awhile, and which I will not "outgrow" fast Very Happy

I am now leaning towards getting the Axial SCX10. It seems to be highly upgradable, with a lot of aftermarket part support. I was initially thinking of getting the RTR Axial Honcho, as it would let me hit the ground running..so to speak Razz But I think that getting the Kit version might be the better option, in the long run. Building the Kit should be a lot of fun and it will definitely allow me to know more about the Kit. This should be useful if (or is it when) I decide to upgrade components Wink

I also understand that the Kit comes with better components than the RTR. Also, I really like the Dingo Body that the Kit comes with. I did build and run a Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin Kit in my "younger days", so i think I should be able to manage the SCX10 Kit (hopefully).... This will be a very slow build though, done on weekends after the wife and kids have gone to bed Wink

I do have some questions that I hope you guys can help with Embarassed

1) Where did you guys with the SCX10 rigs get yours from ? Are overseas WebStores (and eBay) the only sources ?
2) I believe I should be able to get locally, all the items the Kit does not come with (e.g. Motor, Battery, ESC, Servo) correct ?
3) What would a "reasonable" budget be for these additional items ?
2) I have a JR XP6102 Radio with Receiver, can this be used for Trailing ? I see that most guys seem to use the Wheel & Trigger Radio

Thanks in advance for your valuable input.

Manoj

d12go4
Crawler

Back to top Go down

Hi from the "New Guy" :) and some questions for my 1st Trailing truck. Empty Re: Hi from the "New Guy" :) and some questions for my 1st Trailing truck.

Post by boolean21 Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 20:05

Welcome on board!

Scx10 is a great choice for a trail rig...
I started with a rtr honcho and just upgraded the links...

Its good to start with a kit if u have time to build, as you will know how to service and maintain the rig... Smile

For electronics, there's a great range of pricing depending on whether u go for brand names or china/ ebay stuffs... Trailing does not really require high end stuffs... And you can still run well with simple electronics... Most importantly is to water proof them properly so that u can enjoy all kinds of terrain with your trail rig...

Cheapest so far is ordering via towerhobbies... As they have an additional usd 75 discount for orders usd299-399..

The rtr is quite value for money as it already includes everything required to run... unless you plan to upgrade better electronics it radio, personally I feel that the rtr is quite worth the price too..

Dingo has a shorter wheelbase compared to the honcho... You might also want to consider building a hard body land rover defender... Very Happy we have more than 10 landies in the group... Smile

Wait for the experts in the forum to give some comments too... Smile
boolean21
boolean21
Crawler

https://www.youtube.com/MyHonchoSG

Back to top Go down

Hi from the "New Guy" :) and some questions for my 1st Trailing truck. Empty Re: Hi from the "New Guy" :) and some questions for my 1st Trailing truck.

Post by d12go4 Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 19:19

Thanks for the warm welcome Very Happy

Yah, the RTR definitely has the advantage of letting me start "simple" trailing right out of the box. Smile

But I am still leaning towards building the Kit. I think that will be the better option, in the long run, as it will let me know the kit in detail. It really is too bad that none of the local Hobby Stores carry the SCX10 Embarassed

I did not realise that the wheelbase between the Kit (Dingo) and RTR (Honcho) was different lengths..

Cheers

MANoj

boolean21 wrote:Welcome on board!

Its good to start with a kit if u have time to build, as you will know how to service and maintain the rig... Smile

For electronics, there's a great range of pricing depending on whether u go for brand names or china/ ebay stuffs... Trailing does not really require high end stuffs... And you can still run well with simple electronics... Most importantly is to water proof them properly so that u can enjoy all kinds of terrain with your trail rig...

Cheapest so far is ordering via towerhobbies... As they have an additional usd 75 discount for orders usd299-399..

The rtr is quite value for money as it already includes everything required to run... unless you plan to upgrade better electronics it radio, personally I feel that the rtr is quite worth the price too..

Dingo has a shorter wheelbase compared to the honcho... You might also want to consider building a hard body land rover defender... Very Happy we have more than 10 landies in the group... Smile

d12go4
Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post by boolean21 Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 19:44

Ordering online is fast too... And cheaper than you get from local shops...

d12go4 wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome Very Happy

Yah, the RTR definitely has the advantage of letting me start "simple" trailing right out of the box. Smile

But I am still leaning towards building the Kit. I think that will be the better option, in the long run, as it will let me know the kit in detail. It really is too bad that none of the local Hobby Stores carry the SCX10 Embarassed

I did not realise that the wheelbase between the Kit (Dingo) and RTR (Honcho) was different lengths..

Cheers

MANoj

boolean21
boolean21
Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post by d12go4 Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 20:24

Hi Boolean21

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated Very Happy

Yah, ordering online seems to be the way to go....

Although, I wonder if anyone here may be looking to sell ther "underutilised" SCX10 Laughing
I will put up a WTB on the Sales Page and keep my fingers crossed. In the meantime, will check online sites to see which gives the nest deal.

Cheers

MANoj

boolean21 wrote:Ordering online is fast too... And cheaper than you get from local shops...

Cheers

MANoj

d12go4
Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post by boolean21 Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 20:25

hi,
no worries bro... looking forward to see you in the trails! Smile

d12go4 wrote:Hi Boolean21

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated Very Happy

Yah, ordering online seems to be the way to go....

Although, I wonder if anyone here may be looking to sell ther "underutilised" SCX10 Laughing
I will put up a WTB on the Sales Page and keep my fingers crossed. In the meantime, will check online sites to see which gives the nest deal.

Cheers

MANoj

boolean21 wrote:Ordering online is fast too... And cheaper than you get from local shops...

Cheers

MANoj

boolean21
boolean21
Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down