SG Crawlers Forum
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

SGCrawlers - Crawl & Trail videos
SGCrawlers - Bash Tour Drift videos
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 57 on Fri 23 Sep 2016 - 12:58
Latest topics
» vHOBBY RC videos
by CraftRC Wed 13 Jun 2018 - 19:42

» Axial roll cage crash
by CraftRC Fri 1 Jun 2018 - 20:16

» Jeep cherokee XJ crawling
by CraftRC Sat 26 May 2018 - 21:54

» Jeep cherokee XJ crawling
by CraftRC Sat 26 May 2018 - 21:54

» Extreme Rock Crawler Axial Wraith
by CraftRC Tue 8 May 2018 - 17:35

» [Scale Trail] Woodgrove Ave - Sunday 06 May 2018 0900hrs
by boolean21 Sat 5 May 2018 - 17:14

» Cab Land Rover Defender
by CraftRC Fri 4 May 2018 - 17:41

» Cab Land Rover Defender
by CraftRC Fri 4 May 2018 - 17:41

» Gaz-66 Military RC Truck
by CraftRC Thu 26 Apr 2018 - 20:14

» SG Crawler Coffee shop
by ket2175 Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 18:31

» Black Bandit Jeep Cherokee
by CraftRC Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 19:51

» [Rifle Range Trail] Rifle Range Road - 22 Apr 2018 0900hrs
by boolean21 Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 20:14

» 4x4 Winter offroad
by CraftRC Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 20:10

» [MODS] SQ11 Mini cam - wide angle lens mod
by boolean21 Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 22:09

» Gelande Land Rover Defender
by CraftRC Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 17:54

» [Scale Trail] Woodgrove Ave - Sunday 25 Mar 2018 0900hrs
by boolean21 Sat 24 Mar 2018 - 22:36

» Yellow Hilux TrailFinder crawling
by CraftRC Sat 24 Mar 2018 - 17:02

» Jeep cherokee XJ truck
by CraftRC Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 20:31

» RC jeep cherokee XJ
by CraftRC Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 20:30

» Custom Land Rover Truck
by CraftRC Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 20:27

June 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Free Domain Name
Google+

scx10 important hop ups

Go down

scx10 important hop ups

Post by sgsone on Mon 9 Jun 2014 - 19:15

Hi guys... just wondering what hop ups help the most for the scx10 rtr so as to plan my budget, like aluminium suspension links? Titanium shocks?
Thanks

sgsone
Crawler

Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: scx10 important hop ups

Post by Ezekiel Freshmen on Mon 9 Jun 2014 - 19:34

Hey, stop creating sooooooooooo many threads and just reply in your first thread ~~~ -.-

Ezekiel Freshmen
Crawler

Posts : 95
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: scx10 important hop ups

Post by sgsone on Mon 9 Jun 2014 - 20:50

Okok sry sry bro  Very Happy 

sgsone
Crawler

Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: scx10 important hop ups

Post by oceanic on Tue 10 Jun 2014 - 12:34

Ezekiel Freshmen wrote:Hey, stop creating sooooooooooo many threads and just reply in your first thread ~~~ -.-

Hey ezekiel
the admin and mods is maintaining this forum, let them decide if its ok or not. 
he is new, dunno much. many threads with different subjects is none of your concern. 

_________________
avatar
oceanic
Moderator

Posts : 1212
Join date : 2012-03-21
Location : N1°24.229' E103°48.094

View user profile http://sgcrawlers.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Re: scx10 important hop ups

Post by boolean21 on Tue 10 Jun 2014 - 12:46

Ask more ask more.... that's the way we learn... Smile

I used to ask a whole lot of questions and I'm still asking now. Smile

Like babyboy mentioned in another thread, upgrade the links... either diy metal links from threaded rods or get the metal hop ups.. Smile



_________________
My Blogs: MyHoncho Blog | Boolean21 RC Blog
Youtube: SGCrawlers RC Channel | BooleanRC Video Channel
Facebook: SGCrawlers FB Page  | Boolean21 FB Page
Instagram: http://instagram.com/SGCrawlers
Twitter: http://twitter.com/SGCrawlers
avatar
boolean21
Crawler

Posts : 5028
Join date : 2011-08-18
Location : Deep inside the Jungle

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/MyHonchoSG

Back to top Go down

Re: scx10 important hop ups

Post by babyboy on Tue 10 Jun 2014 - 16:26

sgsone wrote:Hi guys... just wondering what hop ups help the most for the scx10 rtr so as to plan my budget, like aluminium suspension links? Titanium shocks?
Thanks

Depends on the model of scx10 you are getting... go to axial racing.com, look for the model you are interested, download the manual.... the links are all different lenght. Get the correct lenght. Do check if they come in aluminium or plastic. Else get the truck first and see if you can mod the link.

Most will advise to get the four link. So look up axial racing to get the info from manual.

Supplied shock is more than enuf to trail. We change shock is because of looks, droop effect, bouncy effect, truck too heavy, oil leakage etc etc.
avatar
babyboy
Crawler

Posts : 720
Join date : 2011-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: scx10 important hop ups

Post by Ezekiel Freshmen on Tue 10 Jun 2014 - 18:48

When trying to DIY, do factor in costs such as transport, time and your skill level, and Comparing it to store bought items.  As you're already into drones, you can use the cross motor mount as a suspension lift kit or droop setup.


Also, the countersunk screw you use to mount the motor onto the mount, you can use them to seal the holes in the rims.  There're also parts in your heli toolbox that you can use, like the push rods and grub screws.

Besides performance parts, you should also get materials to maintain and protect your truck.

___________________________________________
Marine Grease, for axle water proofing and all gears.
http://radiocontrol-sports.com/
Retail Outlet
 150 South Bridge Road
 #01-07, FookHai Building
 Singapore 058727
___________________________________________
WD40 or Bearing oil
___________________________________________
Lemon Pledge, this helps to let dirt to just fall off my truck, also covers scratches and makes the body shiny like new.
https://www.isetan.com.sg/products/pledge-furniture-polish-lemon
just go to any value dollar shop to get it at $5, this is what bikers use to polish. harley davidson bikes.etc
___________________________________________
China Square, opposite FookHai Building
NECA 7" inch figurines for the driver
___________________________________________
I recommend these upgrade parts.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14848
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=29775
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=22380
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=23554
___________________________________________
For electronic waterproofing, you can go figure out the many ways or get this epoxy.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8684__Quick_Cure_5_Min_Epoxy_Glue_4_5_oz.html
I've tested it on mine and is still working.
___________________________________________
Common mama shop Superglue for the tires in case not fully sealed. Don't need expensive tire glue, I try le.
___________________________________________
BLUETACK !! to stick your scale accessories !!
___________________________________________
Other useful stuff but may not be necessary,
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9710
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=12316
___________________________________________

Ezekiel Freshmen
Crawler

Posts : 95
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: scx10 important hop ups

Post by wyetuck88 on Tue 10 Jun 2014 - 21:59

Ezekiel Freshmen wrote:When trying to DIY, do factor in costs such as transport, time and your skill level, and Comparing it to store bought items.  As you're already into drones, you can use the cross motor mount as a suspension lift kit or droop setup.


Also, the countersunk screw you use to mount the motor onto the mount, you can use them to seal the holes in the rims.  There're also parts in your heli toolbox that you can use, like the push rods and grub screws.

Besides performance parts, you should also get materials to maintain and protect your truck.

___________________________________________
Marine Grease, for axle water proofing and all gears.
http://radiocontrol-sports.com/
Retail Outlet
 150 South Bridge Road
 #01-07, FookHai Building
 Singapore 058727
___________________________________________
WD40 or Bearing oil
___________________________________________
Lemon Pledge, this helps to let dirt to just fall off my truck, also covers scratches and makes the body shiny like new.
https://www.isetan.com.sg/products/pledge-furniture-polish-lemon
just go to any value dollar shop to get it at $5, this is what bikers use to polish. harley davidson bikes.etc
___________________________________________
China Square, opposite FookHai Building
NECA 7" inch figurines for the driver
___________________________________________
I recommend these upgrade parts.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14848
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=29775
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=22380
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=23554
___________________________________________
For electronic waterproofing, you can go figure out the many ways or get this epoxy.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8684__Quick_Cure_5_Min_Epoxy_Glue_4_5_oz.html
I've tested it on mine and is still working.
___________________________________________
Common mama shop Superglue for the tires in case not fully sealed. Don't need expensive tire glue, I try le.
___________________________________________
BLUETACK !! to stick your scale accessories !!
___________________________________________
Other useful stuff but may not be necessary,
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9710
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=12316
___________________________________________

thanks, that is quite a lots of info!!!
avatar
wyetuck88
Crawler

Posts : 311
Join date : 2012-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: scx10 important hop ups

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum